Sunday, July 26, 2020

Witness

The last little while, since the shut down started, I have noticed I get more responses to my Facebook posts.  A few years ago I got off of FB because I thought social media was pointless.  After my adventure in 2015 I rethought it all and decided that it could be for two purposes.
1. to allow me to be in contact with soldiers I worked with, professionals and others, and of course (most importantly) family, and
2. to use the social media avenue as a platform to get the Gospel of Jesus Christ out to my contacts and the world.
Over time point two has become the overwhelming cause I strive to follow.
Why?
Well, staying touch is a good thing.  Yet there is so much posted that I really do not want to see, I have to to make an effort to shield myself from things I do not want in my life.  It would be so easy to just 'block' those who not only don't agree, but who want to 'beat me down' or 'argue' or 'correct me' as they are 'offended' by being told (or even just seeing) the Word of God.  I was once where they are, so I do understand.
Now I know that due to Jesus Christ entering my heart just over twenty years back, that I am in this world, but not of this world.  But it is still quite a challenge for this old soldier to not 'strike back' when attacked.  Sometimes I just need to step away.  My encouragement is turning to the 15th Proverb verse 1: A soft answer turneth away wrath, but greivous words stir up strife.  I remind myself that there are:  ...six things doth the LORD hate.. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord.. (Proverbs 6:16-19).
So: what is the reason I stay on social media, Facebook.  I'll try to explain as follows:

Jesus Christ commands me as his last act this earth;
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  
The Great Commission.  I am to 'preach' the Gospel.  To be a witness as to what He has done in my life.  To 'teach all nations'.  No where does it tell me to 'compel', to 'win arguments' to 'debate' or to 'come out on top'.  I am to be a witness.  Not my job to get folks to heaven, there is the Holy Ghost (Spirit) for that.
I have been thinking about this, I will try, over the next while, to post how I got to where I am.  A born-again Christian from a blaspheming anti-Christ person. I revelled in my sin.  Hopefully it will make sense, not show any disrespect.  Please know, what ever I write, it is not about me.  It is about Him and what He has accomplished to and through me.
God bless.  Have a great day, On Purpose!  js  

No comments:

Updates

Well.  We are coming out of a deep freeze.  Election year in the states to our south (and a good chance of an election here federally).  The...