Saturday, October 16, 2021

13 Years or so...

 

Looking through posts on here from back in time.  One of the first posts was in regards to waking up in the night to let this puppy out (Oct 2008).  She is over 14 now.  

I visited the vet a month or so back as she has had an increasingly hard time moving about, just to see if there was anything else to  be done.  She already takes medication to ease her aches and harness her bladder (which are a balancing act...).

The vet told me "you know your dog is old...".  Go figure.

She has been a good dog.  Always brings a smile to my wife's face (and mine).  She has become a little more frantic when she wants to play.  Almost like she knows time is getting short and she wants to get a few more catch's in.

She is a good dog.  She seems to thrive on approval and is very aware of disapproval.

Interestingly, when we get to heaven (at least for me) we look forward to hearing from our Lord and Saviour: "well done!"  

Matthew 25:23 "His lord said unto him, well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." 

I do not want to meet my Saviour in shame (at least anymore than I already have worked up).  Praise God it will all be covered by the blood and cast into the deepest sea.

Of course I don't have much desire to 'rule over' anyone, not less in many things.  I have commanded, ordered, trained, directed, cajoled,  etc in many types of fields ranging from military service, at home and abroad, mining, rescue ops, health & safety, various types of training and in simple technician work.  As I told my current boss in bylaw work; 'I have no desire to supervise or manage anyone'.

If the Lord is going to expect me to be a ruler, He will need to give me the desire.  

But you know, that principal works in all that we do.  The Lord gave me the desire to know about Him, He gives me the desire to search His Word.  Without His leading I would be a slave of my flesh and wallowing in sin.

Praise God.  

Enjoy the last elements of this beautiful fall weather. 

No comments:

Updates

Well.  We are coming out of a deep freeze.  Election year in the states to our south (and a good chance of an election here federally).  The...