Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Convoys and Reactions

Well as stated, I try to avoid politics.  This convoy for freedom stuff involves people I know and family.  Plus the military community I once served and stay in touch with.

The reaction by some has been completely over the top (I am not going to comment on the government reaction excepting to say that the former premier of NFLD is suing the government over what he says are violations of Canadians Human Rights, being one of the only still living signers of the Constitution and Charter of Rights, I will just leave that there).

I went and looked myself (both in person and online) and saw a cross-section of working class Canadians, of all colours, make ups and creeds.  More flags than I have ever seen.  Made me proud of my country.

What I don't understand is the reaction of folks that normally would not trust the media or government to tell the complete truth.  I mean, you can see the video of average Canadians and working families of all shapes, colours and sizes involved, yet some are saying it is a "racist" and "marginal" movement.

Ex-military folks completely triggered by the term "freedom", "convoy" or "warrior" being used.  Its not like any of the protests of the past couple of years those terms have not been used (well, in the case of convoy anyone over 50 remembers the song and CB radios).  Canadian military folks.  Normally well aware of the history of our governmental parties and media have treated and maligned groups of soldiers  and minorities in the past.  It is not exactly a new feature for the military to be tossed aside in Canada when their usefulness has been expended.

Why is it?  Why the overreaction?  Well, one can wonder if maybe it is because the vaccines are not working.  I mean, it is pretty obvious.  The variants have spread everywhere, the countries with the highest vax rates and restrictions are doing the worst (not that anyone is doing that well, but when you keep doing the same thing expecting a different result...?).  

Everybody stepped up to take them with the understanding that when we reached whatever number 70-80-90% (the ever sliding bar) we would be free and get back to our lives.  Of course it hasn't happened.  I don't think it will ever happen.  C-19 variants are here to stay.  But it doesn't explain the anger.  

Not sure if I know why.   Have a great day, On Purpose.

God is in control. 

No comments:

Updates

Well.  We are coming out of a deep freeze.  Election year in the states to our south (and a good chance of an election here federally).  The...