Monday, September 22, 2008

Break us to His will

Nahum 1:13 "For now will I break his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy bonds in sunder."

Got home late Saturday evening from the northern peninsula of Michigan, was there for a couple of days at a Christian Men's Retreat (being ex-military I don't like the word retreat used in this context... but cannot think of another word that would not send the wrong message to an unsaved carnal world). It was a good trip; the Lord has challenged my heart that I am still voluntarily allowing myself to serve the wicked counsellor. Though I am doing ‘good’ I am doing it in my own will, ‘self-will’ which I believe will lead to acts of believed righteousness… ‘Self-righteousness’, which is sin. Praying that He will lead me into the paths of righteousness, His righteousness.Praise the Lord we serve a powerful God who can break the yoke of sin. js

No comments:

Updates

Well.  We are coming out of a deep freeze.  Election year in the states to our south (and a good chance of an election here federally).  The...