Monday, December 27, 2021

Deciding Questionable Things (tests)

 I wrote this down in a book cover twenty or so years back, when I was a newly born again Christian.  A series of tests that you can use to make important (and simple) decisions.  Don't remember for sure where I found it, or who taught it.  Still find it quite reasonable and reliable.

  1. Proclamation: does the Bible express-idly forbid it?   Is there a clear command to not do so, to avoid, to shun, to remove yourself from that situation?
  2. Principal: does the Bible forbid it in principal?  Are there similar things that should be avoided or not done, though not necessarily mentioned in the exact?
  3. Partnership: could I invite Jesus Christ to participate with me?  Nothing I can add...
  4. Presence: would I want to be found doing it with the Lord Jesus Christ returns and we are raptured?  Kinda like the preacher who avoids his ministry one Sunday AM to run a round of golf and gets a Hole-in-One on the hardest fairway....
  5. Purity: does it bring glory to God the Father?  Again, nothing I can add...
  6. Peace: is there any doubt in my mind about it?  If it's doubtful, Don't. Do. It.
  7. Profession: will it hurt my testimony?  Many things I am allowed to do, much like Paul discussing the meat from the shambles, but they could hurt my testimony among weaker Christians or worse, cause them to fall into sin.

A quite day after the storm has passed...  LOL.  We had a couple of days of gatherings.  Much smaller than we hoped (restrictions, a way of life for now), far better than last year.  



No comments:

Updates

Well.  We are coming out of a deep freeze.  Election year in the states to our south (and a good chance of an election here federally).  The...