Monday, December 6, 2021

Humour

Song of Solomon 2:11-12 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
I post this one this morning to share a smile, as every time I read it, the two verses together bring a smile to my face.
When we first moved south, we would spend quite a bit of the summer at my sister's lake property. In that part of NW Ontario there is an abundance of snapping turtles . Some quite large (Alicia and I captured one once that was at least 13" in diameter. Weighted somewhere around twenty pounds, and bite through the aluminum bar of the fish net I used to scoop him up with like it was butter...).
One day Alicia saw this verse posted on the highway.
Great hilarity ensued (Yep. I'm getting old....lol).
Love the winter, but looking forward to the flowers and birds. No snapping turtles here to my knowledge.
Have a great day.

 

No comments:

Updates

Well.  We are coming out of a deep freeze.  Election year in the states to our south (and a good chance of an election here federally).  The...