Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bible verse

Jeremiah 50:6 "My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace."


This verse 'jumped' out at me during my morning reading. I try to read The Word every morning, most I am consistent, some I am negligent, God is my strength. I have heard the phrase lately about how a pastor is not to 'scatter the sheep'. I believe this verse supports that. The question however remains, who are the people following as 'shepherds'?

I follow my Pastor as he follows Christ, it is never the responsibility of a Christian for someone else's relationship with the Lord (exception only being for our children as we raise and teach them, but only until they reach the age of understanding and responsibility, then they are directly responsible for what they have done with what they have recieved).

We are all to be accountable for our own relationship with Jesus Christ, to react to His revelation as it comes to us through his word.

We are all sinners who require a Saviour "Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;", we cannot 'make' it on our own. There are false shepherds out there but we are to "search the scriptures" daily to see if it is so. To sift the wheat from the shaft.

There seems to be a tendency (not new, but as old as mankind) to want to blame someone else for our failings, when you stand before God, you will be without excuse.  

Put your faith in Jesus Christ and him alone for your salvation. js

No comments:

Updates

Well.  We are coming out of a deep freeze.  Election year in the states to our south (and a good chance of an election here federally).  The...