Sunday, October 12, 2008

Early morning


I was awake before Shaelynn our young dog came in the room, so I let my wife know I would let her out.  Then the sleeplessness struck.

Sitting looking into the Word and am searching on 2nd Corinthians 4:7 "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us."

I am just a 'jar of clay', no matter how 'great' I think that I am, in this world I will perish, there will, sooner or later, be little or no trace.  Sooner for most of us than latter.

Looking at some pictures of a massive gravesite from some period of time back in China, the 'Terracotta Warriors' http://bloggingbeth.blogspot.com/2008/10/xian-weekend.html .   Without Christ and the joy of knowing that I am free from the debt of my sin, there too in fear, would go I.

Many of the most powerful men (and women) who have lived on this earth have tried, or forced their underlings to try to ensure that they would not be forgotten, but who actually remembers the actual man King Tut beyond just the National Geographic pictures of his carefully preserved corpse?

No one knows who he was, his joys, fears, pleasures, loves and who or what his losses were, nor will we ever while on this terrestial ball.

Without Christ it is but a vapour and will soon pass away.

I am not a powerful man in this world, but in heaven I am counted, praise God.  It is not about me, it is about Him and his completed work on Calvary.

Put your faith in Christ, Jesus Christ, fully man and fully God, can I understand it?  Some things are the 'mysteries of God'

But I know whom I believeth.  js

No comments:

Updates

Well.  We are coming out of a deep freeze.  Election year in the states to our south (and a good chance of an election here federally).  The...