Monday, October 27, 2008

Lost

Reading Lamentations of Jeremiah this morning and I came across two powerful verse's that jumped off the page to me:

3:24 "The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him."

The Lord is my portion, wow! when we are down and confused with what life throws our way we can rest on this verse.  

I have been through some ups and downs this past year, nothing really bad if you look back at it (no deaths in the family) just job and employment situations (I left employment with someone who I could not agree with his business philosophy and went out on my own) and the normal family stuff (a son off to university).  

As much as I know in my mind that I can rest on the Lord, in my heart doubt in it's nasty way sneaks in with it's cousin fear (fear is not from the Lord).

When we know that we have stepped away from the Lord scripture is clear on how we can turn back:

40 Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD.

Search ourselves, ask the Lord to search us and try us against His word.  And once we know our shortcomings, confess, forsake and turn back to the Lord.  

It's only half way (or less) back.  js

No comments:

Updates

Well.  We are coming out of a deep freeze.  Election year in the states to our south (and a good chance of an election here federally).  The...